Environment Quality & Safety Manager
McCarthy Marland now have an exciting new opportunity for a qualified waste industry professional to join our management team. Reporting to a Company Director, the main role of the Environment Quality & Safety Manager will be to assist the company's operational management team in producing, introducing, managing and updating environmental, quality and safety systems.
McCarthy Marland recently purchased Westcombe Waste Ltd in Somerset. This acquisition brings with it a fully licenses non-hazardous landfill site as well as an additional waste recycling centre. The compliance of these new facilities along with our Bristol waste recycling centre and company wide waste collection fleet will be very much the focus of the EQS Manager's role.
- Carrying out risk assessments and using these to implement and update safe systems of work
- Updating fire prevention plans
- Maintaining accident report records
- Managing applications, as well as renewals or adjustments to existing environmental permits, licenses and exemptions
- Producing quarterly returns for all the company’s waste operating sites for the Environment Agency
- Maintaining strong relationships with HSE inspectors, the Environment Agency, Council enforcement officers as well as customers and the public at large
- To keep up to date with industry legislation relating to environment, quality and safety and notify the directors of any changes that may affect the company
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail. You must be flexible and able to focus your attention fully on the task at hand. Strong communication skills are a must. We are looking for a waste industry professional and you must therefore be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the industry.
- WAMITAB level 4 in managing transfer and treatment of non-hazardous waste
- WAMITAB level 4 in managing non-hazardous landfill
- A qualification appropriate to the role as company Health and Safety advisor
- Experience with AMCS waste management software desirable
If you have the above qualifications, are looking to establish a long term career with a growing company and have the required skill set then we would like to hear from you.
In the first instance please send us your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com 941 2555 firstname.lastname@example.org
HGV Driver Required (Class 2)
- A Class 2 or above HGV driver?
- Looking for full time employment?
If you can answer yes to the above 4 questions we would like to hear from you. In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous overtime for Saturdays & Sundays working when required
- Job security
We currently have an immediate vacancy so please get in touch on 01179 412 5550117 941 2555 email@example.com
Waste Transfer Station Staff
If you are looking for employment as a manual labourer we would be please to hear from you. We employ manual labourers in our waste transfer station and often require additional staff. If we do not have a vacancy available at the time of your enquiry we will keep your details on file and contact you as soon as an opening becomes available.0117 941 2555 firstname.lastname@example.org