Location: Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Join us as a Credit Controller at McCarthy Marland
Job type : Permanent, Full time
Location : Tetbury
About the Role:
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where precision and customer service are paramount? Do you have a knack for resolving disputes and keeping cash flowing smoothly? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
We’re seeking a driven and detail-oriented Credit Controller to join our dynamic team. You’ll play a vital role in maintaining healthy customer relationships, proactive collections, and accurate financial records.
Role responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Reducing debt levels
- Perform regular credit checks on new & existing customers
- Review new customer account applications prior to set up
- Ensure all customer accounts have agreed Credit Limits and follow on stop process
- Maintain accurate customer collections records & customer details
- Build strong effective relations with customers
- Liaise with the sales team to ensure that monies outstanding are paid on time
- Telephone collections are undertaken proactively
- Efficiently facilitate the resolution of queries
- Posting daily cash receipts
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Issue final demands & agree on subsequent steps with company management
- Issuing regular reports on accounts, bad debts, insurance claims
- Produce & send monthly customer statements
- Effectively manage shared mailbox
Who you are:
- Minimum 12 months experience in credit control or accounts receivable.
- Excellent communication skills – you can handle delicate conversations with tact and professionalism.
- A familiarity with accounting principles and practices
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Excel and Sage 200.
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for accuracy.
- A natural problem-solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- A team player who enjoys building positive relationships with colleagues and customers.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- The opportunity to make a real impact in a growing company.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Company pension
- Free on-site parking
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 5 pm
If this interests you and would like to apply, please forward your CV and we will be in touch.
How to Apply
Please send your CVs and Cover Letter to: